Horizon el juego de estrategia por turno espacial 4X, desarrollado por L3O Interactive y publicado por Iceberg Interactive, saldrá de beta para ser lanzado formalmente a principios de febrero. Actualmente pueden encontrar el título en Steam Early Access, en donde fue introducido en fase alfa el año pasado.
El título es de un solo jugador con dos modos; Modo Escenario en donde se puede seguir la historia centrada en el conflicto entre dos razas antiguas, y Modo Clásico en donde los jugadores son libres para disfrutar del clásico estilo de juego 4X.
Las naves pueden ser modificadas en tres áreas que son, armas, sistemas principales (armadura, sensores, motores, etc.) y sistemas especiales (módulos colonizadores, escudos, bahías naves cazas etc.). En Europa Horizon será lanzado también en formato físico a la par de la versión de Steam en febrero.
ICEBERG INTERACTIVE LIFTS OFF WITH 4X GAME HORIZON COMING FEBRUARY ON STEAM
Haarlem, The Netherlands – January 13, 2014 – Kicking off the New Year with a bang, L3O Interactive and Iceberg Interactive have revealed that the upcoming 4X space-strategy game Horizon (PC) is headed to Steam early February 2014. Horizon is currently in the late Beta stages on Steam’s Early Access program, where it has an active and involved community that’s helped shape the game’s development and added to its robust feature list. The game will also be released in boxed European retail.
Horizon is a single-player 4X game of galactic exploration and conquest in which players control humanity’s destiny. L30 Interactive’s title stands out from the 4X crowd with its focus a unique storyline focused on mankind’s expansion beyond its own solar system and immediate confrontation with two powerful and ancient races bent on shaping the future. One of the features that was added during Early Access, thanks to the community pleading for it, is the option to also play Horizon in ‘classic 4X’ mode, choosing one of eight races to set out and conquer a hostile universe.
Gamers will venture into deep space, expand into new frontiers and discover alien artifacts on long-abandoned planets, while negotiating, fighting in deep ship-to-ship combat, or partnering with alien species as they reach their intergalactic destinies. They will develop new colonies – and then watch them become galactic centers for trade, industry and science – as well as military bases, outposts and shipyards on their way to conquer new horizons.
Horizon offers immense customization options including races, ships, and power stations; real-time management of multiple tech research branches and simultaneous turn-based battles; and two distinct play modes – Scenario mode focuses on a story encapsulating the fight between two ancient races with dozens of side missions, and Classic mode, the traditional sandbox play mode 4X gamers have come to love over the years.
Horizon Gameplay Features Include:
- Horizon is a deep, accessible 4X space-strategy game that delivers advanced turn-based tactical combat, rich customization, and a vast set of galaxies to explore.
- The huge storyline gives gamers a chance to interact with 10 alien races and explore ancient cultures, artifacts, and galaxies while engaging in open-ended missions. Gamers can engage in meaningful diplomacy choices that will impact the game outcome, including coordinated actions with allies against enemies.
- The distinct open-world system spans multiple galaxies with hundreds of star systems and more than 1,000 planets.
- Two different Gameplay Modes: Scenario Mode offers a story experience focused on the clash of two ancient races, and Classic Mode is the familiar open-ended sandbox experience 4X gamer have grown to love.
- Using up to 80 tech types with 10 upgrades each, gamers can customize ships, weapons, and combat systems.
- Tactical ship control includes managing movement, weapons, and more, as well as attacks from planetary and orbital defenses and boarding enemy ships.
- Design and customize three major areas on your ships: 1) Weapons, 2) Core Systems (armor, sensors, engines, power generator, etc.), and Special Systems (colonizer pods, shields, fighter bays, etc.).
- A detailed economy and colony management system offers different types of colonies based on player build choices.
Players can still get in on Horizon’s development process by purchasing the game in Early Access, http://store.steampowered.com/app/236130/ for $24.99, or pick up the full game next month.